Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Periodic puppy pics

Our friends who are staying in Varennes have two twin daughters, H. and R., who really enjoyed meeting Callie four years ago when we saw them last. So they were excited to get to see her again on Saturday. Callie likes nothing better than to play with a tennis ball and, even though I totally forgot to take one along, J. found one in their rental house.

Callie never takes her eyes off the ball.

Callie has an odd way of playing ball. When you throw the ball, she chases it down very excitedly, but then sits and waits for you to come and get it. I've managed to get her to bring the ball back, but only with a lot of coaxing. Sheep dogs are good at chasing, but they're not retrievers. Of course, good training could make the difference, but I'm not a good trainer.

The instant after I snapped this one, Callie was up in the air to catch the ball that H. had just tossed.

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps Callie remembered these two cute twins who enjoy her company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet Callie really enjoyed all that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great fun for Callie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's any consolation, we had a chocolate lab in the States with the same problem... or she had me trained to retrieve for her quite well.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!